A 6x7 TTL prism finder for $56 US, average cosmetics, and metering circuit
described as "inoperable".  All it needed was to have a loose reflecting
optic inside the prism housing glued back in place.  Works just fine now.

A KM body with a non-functioning hotshoe for $32 and change.  I removed the
top cover, bent the hotshoe contact a little bit, and functionality was
restored.  This is now my most-used 35mm body.

A Sunpak 444D flash, including Pentax PT-2D dedicated module, for free.
Part of a lot of mostly old, mostly broken flash stuff.  Fixed the broken
units, sold off an interesting Fujica flash from the lot, and used the net
gain to purchase the PT-2D module in a separate transaction.

The one that got away?  Probably a Program Plus I spotted last fall on eBay.
Came with three or four lenses, one of which was an SMC-M 85mm f/2.  The
entire package went for a grand total of about $160.  Aarrgh!!  Wish I would
have bid a little higher on that one!

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY