Thanks! Glad someone has mentioned that shot, because it's my favourite from
the whole trip. When she appeared in the frame in that patch of light I
turned my eyes heavenward and muttered 'thank you, God!'. I shot several
frames and that one is perfect, in my opinion. The fact that the guitar
player is wearing lipstick and has a scar makes it all the more so.

I don't think he's a troubadour incidentally. The statue is called Muntanyes
Regalades which is the name of a popular folk song of the region, a sort of
unofficial anthem of French Catalonia, and I think the statue represents a
poetic shepherd.

It goes something like this (join in everybody!):

Muntanyes regalades
són les del Canigó
que tot l’istiu floreixen
primavera i tardor.
Dau-me l’amor minyona
Dau-me la vostra amor

Tardor i primavera
en tot temps hi ha flors.
Hi floreixen les roses,
clavells de tots colors.
Dau-me l’amor minyona
Dau-me la vostra amor

N’hi ha una donzella
qu’em té robat el cor,
lo lliga amb cadenes
amb cadenes d’or.
Dau-me l’amor minyona
Dau-me la vostra amor

Which means (translated roughly via French):

Mountains mid babbling streams
Are those of Canigou
They flower all year round
Spring and autumn too
Give me your love, young maiden
Give me the love that is yours

In Autumn and in springtime
All year the flowers bloom
There the roses blossom
And carnations in many hues
Give me your love, young maiden
Give me the love that is yours

There lives a pretty damsel
Who stole away my heart
She bound it up with chains
It's bound with chains of gold
Give me your love, young maiden
Give me the love that is yours

I think it ought to end with the chorus from Whole Lotta Love