Might get by with a good cleaning inside the case ... vacuum out the
fins on the heat sink real good. Maybe replace the cooling fan. Get the
dust off of all the other components. I managed to keep my old desktop
(the one I use for general internet) in service for a good number of
years that way. It'll save you some money if it works.

Unless you WANT to build a new desktop system.