On 7/29/2014 7:30 PM, David Mann wrote:
Darren's old photo find has finally spurred me into action...

Back in February I scanned a box of old glass slides (B&W positives sandwiched
in glass) from the Empire Parliamentary Delegation to Australia in 1926.  My
mother-in-law had asked me if I could do anything with them and I managed to rig
something up with my medium format film scanner (Minolta Multi Pro).  The slides
are a strange size - about 83mm square with an image up to 70mm square (usually
masked with a border).

There are a handful of colour photos mixed in there which are not part of the
Australia collection; those are Dufaycolor slides which are fascinating under a
microscope but utterly horrible to scan.  It looks like those ones were taken
in NZ.

I was wanting to put them online but with 72 files I wasn't really sure how
best to present them.  In the end I've taken a lazy approach and thrown them
into a jAlbum gallery.  The photos are presented in the order they were stored
in the box.

Note I haven't done anything about dust.

http://www.multi.net.nz/empire/

The photo captions are mostly what's written on the slides, except for the
number which is their position in the box.  They might not be correct; being
handwritten and quite small they're difficult to read.  A book accompanies the
slides but it's packed in a box somewhere.  If it contains more info I'll
update the gallery.

Cheers,
Dave

They're fairly interesting, but I would have tried to group them chronologically/geographically. The delegation appears to be bouncing around back & forth across the country.

And perhaps put all the color photos in their own gallery.