On Jul 31, 2014, at 8:58 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> … From a marketing standpoint, what Sony has done appears to be a head
> scratcher. …

I don't know anything about a marketing standpoint.

However, the several folks I know who have acquired one of these cameras, at
least two of whom have the A7r model as well, seem quite delighted by its
performance and capabilities. Seems to be more compatible with a wider range of
short focal length lenses, the sensitivity is way up there, etc.

I've got the A7 and while I feel it's a bit clunky on ergonomics and menus,
there is no question that the essential camera (sensor, viewfinder, etc) works
very well indeed with my SLR lenses from Leica and Nikon. I'm looking forward
to experimenting with video capture using it too.

Godfrey