On 09/08/14 18:54, Mark C wrote:
Nice collection of rural scenes. Is that purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria)? Is it a native plant there?
Hi,

Didn't notice your questions until now...

I have to admit I'm not 100% sure what these are. I believe lythrum salicaria is what's called "kattehale" (meaning cat's tail) in Norwegian, and they certainly grow wild in the general area. I think they are native (as opposed to having spread from gardens or whatever.)

Anyhow - good set, beautiful valleys.
Thanks.

- Toralf