On Aug 18, 2014, at 4:05 PM, Daniel J. Matyola <danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Quite an interesting set.

Thanks, Dan. I’m not new to hiking, but somehow I’d never noticed the fungi
before, certainly not in the quantity and variety I encountered on these hikes.

The K5 with a split-image viewfinder and an A 28/2.8 are proving a satisfying
combination for me. I’m getting more comfortable with LR, though of course
there’s a lot more to be learned.

I’ve been fantasizing about taking the time to get to know the Chattooga Wild
and Scenic River—think “Deliverance”—to really get to know it---and then take
the time to photograph it. Perhaps combined with interviews of people who have
a history with the River. (At a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the
designation of the River as Wild and Scenic I had a long conversation with an
old-timer who grew up fishing in the River and it’s tributaries and has been an
activist on it’s behalf for several decades. Afterward I thought, “Dang! I’ll
bet he could lead me to some good shots. And he probably has some good stories
to accompany them.” And then I thought further, “Very likely there are others
like him from different sectors of society that have a relationship to the
River.)

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

“...we are a form of invitation to others and to otherness..."

- David Whyte