Len,

I started carrying a camera in the car a while back, since I watched a
programme in which our traffic police suggested it. A lot of people have
minor accidents which when written on the claim forms later turn out to be
works of fiction. There is also a growing trend of some villains who
purposefully drive into you on their own, and later claim forms state he had
3 or 4 passengers, all of which had "whiplash" injuries which were the
innocent parties fault.

A better reason for me is capturing events on the way to school "Dad what's
that" type questions, which you can later discuss at leisure. I have to
admit that the best camera I could use for all of this would be digital,
just for speed of results, but the pleasure of using the LX/MX would never
make digital number one.

Malcolm