On Aug 20, 2014, at 6:11 PM, Brian Walters <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:

> Quoting Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com>:
>

>> The thing that nobdy has really talked about is the interesting
>> features seen on the BACK of the camera. It appears to have the first
>> touchscreen LCD in Pentax history. The right side of the LCD looks
>> like the familiar 4-way button.
>> http://www.photographybay.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/pentax_k-s1_b001.jpg
>

> I thought it might be touch screen initially.  Maybe it is but the inner ring
> of the main control dial seems to have the standard 4-way button arrangement.
>  I'm not sure why they'd want to replicate that on the LCD.
>

> --
> Cheers
>
> Brian
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Brian Walters
> Western Sydney Australia
> http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

If the regular mechanical four-way is being used to set focus point, then the
virtual four-way on the touch screen provides control of the other functions.
Maybe.

I assume the one big dial on the top is in lieu of the one or two wheels we
have come to know and love. Nice retro touch but maybe not not terribly useful
compared with other thumb-wheel designs. Which is ok for those shooting mostly
in P or Av mode.

stan