Sounds like a combination pressure plate/CCD sensor to me.
Warren

<<<From: Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Asahi patent for hybrid digital/film SLR

This is a line from the Patent grant:
The CCD 41 of an image sensor has a photodetector 41C consisting of a plurality of
photodiodes. An area of the photodetector 41C, shown by diagonal hatching, is a
light-receiving area, on which the object image is formed. A size of the
light-receiving area coincides with one frame of the photographic film F, namely, the
exposure area of the photographic film F. Therefore, the object image obtained by the
CCD 41 is identical to the object image recorded on the photographic film F. Excuse
me, but doesn't that sound like a 24X36mm CCD???
Cotty>>