If you shoot raw the white balance doesn't matter at shooting time. You
shouldn't have to dial individual colours up or down, just change the wb
setting in LR.

As for the bag question, I've used various set-ups, none of them perfect. A
LowePro S&F Rover Light

http://www.nicklathamphotography.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/MG_8854_w1.jpg)

works quite well though, and meets all your criteria. I tend to keep the camera
out of the bag, over my shoulder. Compass, magnifier, whistle, light meter
around my neck, map in one hand, water/thermos in a side pouch of the bag or in
the top compartment with lunch and non-photo items such as foul-weather gear,
camera stuff in the bottom of the bag; tripod, if used, is vertical on the back
of the bag. When I need something from the bag I put it down.