On 7 Sep 2014, at 21:02, "Ann Sanfedele" <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> well so far 11 seems to be a good candidate for removal - though I'm awfully
> fond of it. I will say that the young these days seem to have a fondness for
> what you and I are look at as depressing, and the true funk of the city
> (witness the "Living dead" series here and such)

Actually, I don't think they're depressing. I think you're diluting a really
powerful series of photos by mixing in other good photos which are giving a
different message. If you look at 2 5 7 8 10 then 3 you have a portrait of
anxiety worthy of Hitchcock.

Even Staten Island Ferry, it's as if they're looking at something that isn't
there - un néant - and it could be an idyllic interlude in a Hitchcock film,
with undertones of angst.

I think if you published just those 6 or 7 (obviously not as a calendar) you'd
really have something. I mean, they are a classic example of the whole being
greater than the sum of the parts.