My apologies for the delayed response...

Thanks to many people who have commented on these photos
(Christine, John, Brian, Jack, Attila, Daniel, Tim, P.J.).

The place is spectacular, - but it is one of those spectacular areas that are more spectacular when you breeze and feel it, then can be transmitted via photos.

Tim: I also had a thought that similar view can be found alone some NorCal shores. But that's one of the things, - Baikal is such a huge lake.
I am hoping to sort the rest of the photos some time (soon?), and will
post some of those...

Sun Aug 31 03:03:02 EDT 2014 Brian Walters wrote:

Quoting Igor Roshchin <str at komkon.org>:

> PS. On the last photo, Brian and Rob might recognize the kangaroo hat
> I bought 4 years ago in Sydney.

That would be this one...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1370864/PDML_Sydney_Sep2010/slides/_IGP8520j.html

Yep! Exactly!

I've been wearing it since that much more than I expected... It is actually very comfortable. Unfortunately it might be ending soon, as it is getting old. When it happens, that would be a sad moment... I doubt I'd be able to visit Sidney soon to replace it. But so far it's going strong.

Igor