From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Paul Stenquist
Sent: Sunday, 14 September 2014 7:43 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Surgery Outcome

The surgery took five hours, longer than expected. The doc found a number of
affected lymph nodes,
including one close to the aorta, so a lot of precise work was required. He
also found a second
tumor in the small intestine. The primary tumor in the colon was very large.
When I spoke to hem
after the surgery he wasn't optimistic but didn't say it was hopeless. I asked
if there was a chance
for full recovery and he said there's always a chance. Not exactly encouraging
but enough to give me
hope. Worse than I expected but not as bad as it might have been if there was
liver involvement.

I will remain optimistic, although I'm not as hopeful as I was yesterday
morning. Will get more
information and a more clear prognosis as the medics complete the pathology of
the tissue that was
removed. In any case, chemo will start as soon as Marlene has her strength
back. The doc said
radiation therapy is a possibility as well.