Going through a batch of fireworks. I thought I'd screwed up taking them and all the bursts were off center down in the bottom of the frame.

About 2/3 of the way through I run into one where the burst was cut off by the edge of the frame & realize that when the lab mounted the slides they couldn't tell where the frame edges were and that little streak I've been seeing at the top edge of the frame is actually the bottom third of the previous frame.

Looking at them with a magnifier on a light box, you can't see where the edge of the frame ends & the next frame begins except for that one frame where I cut off the burst at the top of the frame. The exposure for the black sky matches the unexposed frame perfectly.

8-P

I'm going to start a project to shoot a roll of film every week. Maybe recapture some inspiration. I think digital may be making my skills at seeing weak.