I have been following the discussion about what a Super program is
worth and nobody has yet touched on what I consider to be the only
relevant criteria of worth - how much is it worth to YOU.

What it's worth to someone else doesn't matter to me. If I want it,
and I have the money, I'll buy it and never look back. I could care
less what the next guy sells or buys one like it for.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Super Program for $250.00. I love it
and think I got the deal of a lifetime. It was brand new in the
original package, not a fingerprint on it, not a mark on the plastic
bottom protector. The strap and accessory package was still wrapped
up, the protective plastic tag was still in place on the film
pressure plate, and the viewfinder cover, which is always the first
piece to get lost, was in place. I have no idea where the camera has
been for the last 15 or so years and I don't care. I also have no
idea of it's "value." All I know is that I love it and am glad I had
the money to spend to get it.

My daughter had been borrowing my K-1000 for about 10 years. When she
returned it, I had it repaired and reconditioned which cost $175. Did
I pay too much? Not in my mind. I have had the camera for probably 25
years. Now it's back in great condition.

Both of these expenditures made me very happy, and to me, that's the
only measure of true worth.

Chuck Hintlian
Sacramento, CA