Well, I zoomed to the 29 minute mark. I don't think his explanation
really applies in the case of P.J.s photo because I don't think the
fringing is in front of the plane of focus. It is just around the
transition area of white (to darker). I'm sure that if Zeiss would
send P.J. an Otus 85mm for use on his K-5II he would be happy to try
to see if it makes the problem go away, however. Sadly, it is only
currently preorderable (is that a word?) for Nikon/Canon.

It is still possible that it is an artifact of post-processing.
A question for P.J.
I'm assuming, P.J. that you see it in the RAW files also, before
processing or compression?

I've seen some derogatory comments on the web about purple fringing
being an issue commonly known (as in, a given) regarding Sony sensors.
No idea if that is mularkey or not - or was possibly true at some
times and not others?