On Wednesday, April 17, 2002, at 08:35  PM, William Kane wrote:

>    Thanks for the info.  I don't like 28 as well for 35mm, so I'll be
> looking
> for something slightly more tele.  Generally, I like the 35-135
> range . . .

Bill, scrape together $750 and take the plunge for a new 75mm f2.8 AL.
It's a stop faster than the old 75mm, focuses much closer, and it's
sharp sharp sharp and I can't for the life of me get it to flare.  Since
I bought the 75mm I've only put the 105mm back on the camera once, and
I'm considering selling it or swapping it for something.  The only thing
that keeps me from doing that is that the 105mm is another half-stop
faster, and is the fastest lens in the lineup.  Also, it is fairly
common, so I don't think it's worth all that much.  And also, I've taken
a lot of pictures I'm really happy with while using it.

-Aaron