Thanks Bruce, and to everyone else who had a look! I'm still somewhat torn between the two photos but I realize - they are two distinct photos, even though the subject is the same. So both work in their own way. I lean towards liking #1 more, but the experience of seeing the tree in that beam f light (photo #2) was much more memorable...

Mark