One of your best, Dan.

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
To: "PDML" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 5:20:38 AM
Subject: Re: PESO: Autumn Leaf

Thanks, Steve.

That shot has some special meaning to me.  The wood is the stump of a
Cedar tree that was lost in Superstorm Sandy;  the leaf is from the
Kwansan Cherry we planted this year to replace the 40 year old cherry
tree we lost in the last harsh winter.I had admired the wood before,
and tried to get a good image of it, with no great success.  This
weekend, I was trying to get an image of the colorful leaves on the
new tree, which is just in front of the stump.  It was breezy, making
it difficult to capture the leaves still on the tree.  I saw this one
fall, and went over to pick it up.  I liked the color, but was
bothered by the little notch along one edge.  I place it on the stump,
to get it out of the wind, and suddenly the two seemed to go together
well, and the notch seemed to add a bit of additional interest, rather
than being a defect, as I had first concluded.  Since the leaf was not
flat and the sun was at a low angle, there was a long shadow.  I
played around with the placement of the leaf for a few minutes, and
took several images, with different angle of the leaf and the shadow.
Last night, I decided this was my favorite, and decided to post it.

Dan Matyola