Quoting David Mann <dmann...@gmail.com>:

On Nov 17, 2014, at 2:49 pm, Brian Walters <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:

Are there any other alternatives that I've overlooked?

The backup I used on my recent trip was my wife. She had her compact camera plus iPhone and was photographing most of the same things I was.

I'm not sure my wife would appreciate being referred to a my backup....

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

I had decided prior to leaving that the memories were more important than trying to make fine art, at which I'm terrible anyway :)

Like you I normally travel with my laptop but this time around the internal video cable is on its last legs and since I got it working again I've been afraid to close the lid. So I just bought a big SD card and took my usual card as a buffer in case I filled it up, so I'd have time to buy another.

Cheers,
Dave