I learned on Wednesday that a childhood friend had passed way suddenly Tuesday morning, at the age of 57. Cripes - he was only 6 months older than me! We had had been inseparable in junior high school and high school, but had pretty much drifted apart in college and the adult years.

As we were leaving Jr. High School he was asked by a reported for the school newspaper to relate a memorable event from his experience in the school. He blurted out: "I really like it when we all ate beef." No idea what he was really thinking of but he was probably parodying a popular advertising campaign of the time encouraging people to "eat beef." Out little group of friends adopted "Eat Beef" as a witticism that we perceived to be incredibly ironically insightful. Well, we were 13...

So imagine my surprise when in 2011 I stumbled into this bit of rural graffiti:

http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php/rural-graffiti-eat-beef

On learning of my firends passing I went to this photo, which is on this list to be posted someday, and looking at the other images from that shoot I found this one, which with a good bit of photoshop work seems to express my feelings at the time. It was very under exposed ant the image needed some coaxing and manipulation to get out. It visually expresses how I felt on hearing the news:

http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php/on-learning-of-a-friend-s-passing

First photo: Mz-S, F 17-28 fisheye room. Don't recall what lens was used on the second image, though the camera was the M-S. Both images were taken on Neopan 400 pushed to ISO 1600.

Mark

---
is active.