When using a polarizer to darken the sky, with REALLY wide lenses,
the use of a polarizer is often not desirable because the effect will not
be constant over the whole field of view of the lens.

This leads to rather unrealistic images.
(believe me, this is from experience :-)

If you use it to take away reflections it would not matter ...

Regards, JvW