My much abused old K-7 sometimes develops a power fault and only takes
half frames. A few power cycles clears it. That's not going to fix
your problem though unfortunately. The only fix is likely to replace
the shutter. Sounds like yours went bad. That camera is totally under
warranty and you should have sent it in yesterday. Don't try to fix
something yourself when you can have a pro look at it for free. They
will make it right and probably replace the shutter, so you will get a
brand new shutter too hopefully as well as having your mount
recalibrated. The chances of that happening are pretty rare so I
wouldn't count on winning the lottery anytime soon.