There's a bunch of old toppies (men & women) in the Cape who go for dip every morning. The water temp is typically 10-14degC. Their skin is purple when they get out. My feet seize up if I just paddle in the water.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: David Mann
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2014 7:22 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO: Always remember to keep your ears warm

That's what I was thinking about the water temp, although I doubt it'd be very comfortable at that time of year. I think Bond would be in a more tropical location.

I had a triathlon on Saturday and most of us wore wetsuits even though I'm sure the water was approaching 20C, definitely the warmest I've raced in so far. It was 16 the previous week when I had a 2.5km swim at the same location. I wore a neoprene hat and neoprene socks for that one but there were some serious swimmers who were doing the 10km event without a wetsuit, as required for their time to be officially recognised by the swimming powers-that-be.

Cheers,
Dave