On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 5:07 AM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
> Seacliff beach

Wonderful images, Larry.  I really like the vantage point you chose.
The tree on the right balances the boat and defines the locale, while
the dock leads the eye to the focus of interest.  The lighting and the
cloud textures are beautifully rendered.

Interestingly enough, one of my favorite spots here on the east coast
is the concrete ship at Sunset Beach, Cape May Point, NJ.  (The beach
is actually on the Delaware Bay, rather than the Atlantic Ocean
itself, but the bay is wide enough at that point that the sun appear
to be setting over the ocean, an unusual event for the east coast.)

Our concrete ship is the SS Atlantus, which actually made it across
the Atlantic and back, before being damaged in a storm.
Unfortunately, it has been breaking apart over the last few years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Atlantus

I have a few old images of the Atlantus, back in her better days, but
none that I have scanned or plan to scan.  Here are a few by others:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x89b8ab3435eb838b:0xb01d833e7c793a85!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e1!4shttps://plus.google.com/108572413208852406063/photos?hl%3Den%26socfid%3Dweb:lu:kp:placepageimage%26socpid%3D1!5sconcrete+ship+cape+may+point+-+Google+Search&sa=X&ei=1SSxVKerOo2FNqK8hBA&ved=0CIcBEKIqMA4

Dan Matyola