Quoting steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com>:

On 2015-01-10 18:15 , Brian Walters wrote:
So - just wondering if anyone is editing images on a tablet or iPad and, if
so, what apps are the most useful.

i do a lot of casual editing of iPhone images on my iPhone and sometimes on my iPad; most commonly just cropping and exposure adjustments; when traveling i regularly load up my K-5 images onto my iPad Mini for review; i'll often edit some of these as well — not final edits, more to see the potential or to share them right away; however there seems to be a bug in handling K-5 RAW which often causes a saving edits to crash any app i use; next trip i'll try to remember to shoot RAW+JPEG and edit the JPEGs instead

as for apps, i am mostly using the built-in Photos; there's a neat feature in iOS 8 where the adjustment functions of various apps are available as "plug ins" within the main Photos app; so far the two apps i've used as "plug-ins" for this are Afterlight and Camera+, with the latter being the more intuitive for me; someone who likes preset filters will have a blast with this feature, but for me it's mostly just to get more sophisticated manual filters

i've recently downloaded Aviary (owned by Adobe); at first glance i like its adjustment tools, and i might try it on my my next trip; i haven't tried Lightroom Mobile yet, even though i have a CC subscription at the moment, because i still find Aperture much more comfortable on desktop

Thanks Steve.

You've probably seen my reply to Godfrey (twice! Not sure why, although the webmail interface for my lyons-ryan domain has been particularly flaky today, which is why this reply is being sent from Thunderbird.).

I was mainly interested in the practicalities involved rather than specific advice for iPad, which I don't have, but it seems that I can probably do similar things to what you and Godfrey do, even if I have to find different apps.

Aviary seems to be available for android, so I'll give that a try. I've also got a CC Subscription but Lightroom Mobile is only for IPad - wonder if they're working on an android version?

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters