At 06:50 AM 4/19/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>1. How the bloody hell can you change the focus spot position when holding
>camera in "use" position? I need to chop most of my fingers off, don't I?

Like many others here I use the left hand that is cradling the lens. I do
think the AF sensor selection is one of the few weak points in the Mz-S
design. I'd prefer a swith on th eback that lets you go to the chosen
sensor with one push of a button.

>2. AE Lock on for 20 seconds - why? Why not locked when your pinkie is on the
>AE lock button, only?

I never use AE Lock on the Mz-S. Instead I flip the control wheel back and
forth one click, putting it in manual. Then clear that by hitting the green
button. That would not work if you are shooting in shutter priority or
program mode though.

>3. Horrible sound. Pentax really could have done a lot better here. OK, so I
>didn't put film thru it. Does the sound change significantly with film in?

I like the sound!

- MCC
Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI