Quoting Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net>:

On Jan 29, 2015, at 7:44 AM, Rick Womer <rickpic...@gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, Eric, the lens I considered buying to replace the 16-45 was the 17-70--pretty much the same size and weight, good optics, and a longer reach. The continuing reports of SDM failures have deterred me.

Yes, I noticed constant problems with autofocus on the forum. Too bad they just didn?t put an SDM in the 16-45.

Why? The 16-45 might not be the fastest focussing lens in the world but it just keeps working.

Great photo, by the way, Rick. It reminds me a bit of the Lennox Bridge in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney (the oldest bridge on mainland Australia), although that's only a single arch

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1370864/LapstoneHill/slides/_IGP0521x.html

--
Cheers

Brian