On 1/31/2015 3:43 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
There were a couple of places I think I
recognized, but most of them are just anonymous locations with no
context.

I was also hoping to be able to identify places shown and the thought
occurred to me that maybe pictures of location signs were deliberately
not taken for security reasons.

Plus, he appears to have jumbled the chronology with stateside images
mixed into the images from Europe and different locations all mixed
together.

The way I understood the video was the rolls were mostly unidentified.

AFTER he processed them & scanned them he would be able to tell at least
a little bit; enough to see the difference between the stateside images
& the European ones.

Plus, whoever donated those rolls of film might have known something
about where they came from, if nothing more than where THEY got them from.

I think the film must have been shot immediately AFTER WWII during the
demobilization of American forces.

I recognized the Normandy Beaches & I think the photos of the priest
holding mass on the street is outside Amiens Prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Jericho

It looks like it might be the dedication of the memorial plaque where
the bombs destroyed the prison wall to allow the prisoners to escape.

I'm not really sure where that Army post is, but I think it might be Ft.
Indiantown Gap, PA.

Still they were interesting shots.

True. But with captions, they become HISTORY instead of novelty and
worthy of more than a passing glance.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "John" <sesso...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: OT: Artist Develops 31 Rolls of Lost Film Shot by a Soldier
inWWII

I never could get the link to work. Finally resorted to searching for
"31 Rolls of Lost Film" which gave me a link to the video at a different
site that had a link to:

http://www.rescuedfilm.com/

It's very interesting, but I wish he'd included captions to indicate
where the photos were taken. There were a couple of places I think I
recognized, but most of them are just anonymous locations with no
context.

They "deserve to be seen", but they also deserve to be understood.