Thanks Larry,

I think you are right about the cropped leaf which I only noticed
during post processing :(

The light source is home-made; probably I should have spent more time
to find&use the proper one (a soft box).

And, in fact, my original was a horizontal :)

I am happy that we are on similar tracks...

Bulent
http://patoloji.gen.tr
http://celasun.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bc_the_path/