From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Larry Colen
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 11:53 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Your guess on the Pentax Full Frame specs?

My guess is that it will be around 36MP, and will have better per pixel
performance than the K-5.  I expect that it will have all of the cool new
features that are on the K-3, K-S1 (except for gratuitous blinkenlights)
etc.
Other than the improved sensor, I don't expect a lot of additional features
that aren't already on other Pentax cameras.
I do hope that they take advantage of the greater real estate and pack in a
lot more focus (and metering?) points.
I predict that up until it ships there will be a wailing and moaning and
gnashing of teeth over all of the pet features that it doesn't have.
It will slightly outperform other DSLRs with comparable sensors, and
likewise the body will be a bit smaller, and the shutter quieter, but
probably not quite as quiet as the K-5 (bigger mirror and all).
It will come in black and silver, and will be priced comparably with the
Nikon D750 rather than the D810.
Autofocus performance will be improved over the K-3, but still not as good
as the best in other brands.
I think that the halo effect of having a 24x36 upgrade path will encourage
more people to take Pentax seriously, it will start gaining in market share,
and we'll get a nice positive feedback loop as more people buy them, even
more people will know that Pentax still exists.

Stretch prediction:  Once people start noticing Pentax, and realize that the
glass from all the old K1000s sitting in people's closets work on it, Pentax
will become the darling of the hipsters who want to be cool by using retro
gear but are tired of paying for film.  They'll justify it by the "vintage
rendering of the old glass which you just can't get with modern lenses".

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc

follow the directions.