Quoting David Mann <dmann...@gmail.com>:

Now we're getting away from civilisation.

http://gallery.multi.net.nz/photo/861/#peso

That looks familiar. We travelled along the Stuart Highway in 2011 - the highway and the railway line parallel each other for quite a long distance north of Port Augusta.

If you were photographing out of the left hand side of the train, my guess would have been that you're looking at Lake Dutton (which as a similar hill in the middle of the dry lake). But that would mean that the distant hills wouldn't be part of the Flinders Ranges.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters