It seems that could be incorporated into the any camera with sensor shift technology with a simple firmware upgrade, the processor in the K20D might just about choke handling the data, but still it probably could be done.

I'm not sure that it makes any difference to me as the limitations are quite severe for what is essentially a hand held device. A good tripod long exposures and there would still be tell tale artifacts.

Still it does explain why the new FF body gives off a 6x7 vibe if true.