Congrats, Darren!

I have 77/1.8 and 31/1.8 Limiteds. I am very happy with both of them (although in different ways: they have very different characters).

While those are obviously faster lenses compared to what I have for that focal length, the rendering I get from both is much better than what I get from the other lenses.

I've never had the 43mm, as it happens to be in less useful range of the focal length. (My 50/1.4 and 50/1.7 are much less used on APS-C bodies, especially since I've got 31 and 77mm.) If that's a good focal length for you, I would guess you'd enjoy that lens.

I don't have any strong opinion about black vs. silver. I might have preferred a silver one for the 77, but for no particular reason. I remember that when those lenses just came on the market, everybody seemed wanting the black ones, and then the trend reversed. Both of mine are black and made in Vietnam, and I don't know if MIJ are better, but I am happy with mine.
The only thing I wish they had is the quick-shift focus.

Igor