IBM were famous for that. They had a very big manual and rules about how you
could form acronyms which included the strict injunction against nesting
acronyms inside other acronyms. My favourite, possibly apocryphal, was AMD or
Air Movement Device, otherwise known as a fan. A three letter acronym for a
three letter word. And of course TLA (three letter acronym) itself.

Paul Ewins
Melbourne, Australia