They'd have to make a K-3 out of brass first...

On 2/27/2015 12:40 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
Like the rest of you, I suppose, I'm all for brassing when it's earned by
honest usage. Buying a new 'pre brassed camera body is more like buying
jewelery.

Maybe Ricoh should see what the market is for a pre brassed K3 ! (grin)

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob W-PDML <p...@web-options.com>
Subject: Re: The brassing will cost you extra.

On 27 Feb 2015, at 06:57, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

Dario Bonazza wrote:
After having put on sale a digital camera that only shoots BW, another
one without a display on the back
(http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/16/6182703/leica-m-edition-60-announced)
and now one that is already worn (so that you won't have to go out and
take some pics), they just need to design a camera without a sensor &
electronics. They just need to put a shutter to click on the inside, so
that you won't have to deal with the crap you took. I bet they will make
one soon.
Dario
Everybody I know that owns and shoots with Leica cameras are truly interested in
photography.  However, when Leica comes out with stuff like the "pre worn"
camera, and a few of their other things, it's hard for me not to think of every Leica
owner as a poseur with delusions of competence, who has more money than sense.

It's just marketing and a bit of free money for them. If it helps them to keep
on producing the good stuff that real photographers use then it's ok by me.

It looks nice, but I'd never buy one because it's faux and that would niggle in
my brain.

These, on the other hand...

http://blog.ricecracker.net/2010/02/23/some-well-worn-leicas/

immortality through not dying.