Thanks, Alan.

Actually, South Maui is usually rather dry, and everything must be
irrigated.  This beach is in Kihei, which usually gets 8-11 inches of
rain a year.  Last year was wetter than normal, and this year has been
much wetter than normal, so there is a lot of lush green vegetation,
even in areas that are not routinely watered.

Perhaps I added a touch of saturation (<G>), but that was an
absolutely perfect day, with blue skies and resulting blues in the
Pacific.
This was taken from a grassy hill overlooking the beach in the Maui
County Beach Park  (Kamaole III) across the street from the condo
where we stay.  It is one of dozens of beautiful beaches lining the
sunny West Coasts of Maui.  The sand on all the beaches was much
thinner and lower this year than in the past, because of a storm in
early January with high winds and heavy surf.  The sand returned
somewhat while we were there, but is still not back to normal.

Dan Matyola