On 2015-03-07 10:04 , P.J. Alling wrote:
I've been getting calls from "Microsoft" support
lately, a heavily accented, usually Indian, voice, identifies as a member of
their support team to report that my computer has been comprimised with some
kind of Malwear,

i have been getting these for years, sometimes multiple times a day; i've tried all sorts of gambits such as:

"i have 12 computers here, which one is infected?"

"i don't understand, what should i press? … can you spell that? was that an 8 or an H? etc."

"the only Windows i have here is Windows 2000 in a virtual machine with no network connections" (true)

"you should go home to your family and tell them you are ashamed of what you are doing"

in several cases i've had them curse at me or claim they'll come to my home and hurt me; somehow, they keep calling back; i often don't answer my landline at all because of it (don't have caller id), and i'm looking for how to move that number to a Google Voice account

When I tell them that I'm a Microsoft certified professional and didn't make a
support request,

i'll have to try that next time