Ann Sanfedele wrote:

> Digging into old film stuff for a project - needed more photos of the
> area back in the day.  This was at the South Street Seaport as it was
> in February, 1977.  Pentax KX , Tri-x neg scanned with the Epson v500
>
> http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/New-York-City-back-in-
> the-day/i-cdH3zt9/L
>
> Wondering if this is interesting in itself or if you need the contrast
> of what that exact spot looks like to day to make it so.

An interesting scene which stands for itself.

I've been taking pictures of my area for decades now. Some of the slides I'm
now scanning will make good 'then and now' comparisons, and I have a list of
about 250 sites I want to take for 2015 to ensure this continues. I think
it's just another method of telling a story.

The one thing that bugged me for weeks was the difference in perspective
from pictures I took in the 70s to today. Last night I reviewed one looking
through the fence of a local playing field in 1973 (now housing). Only then,
it dawned on me that I'm a foot taller now...

Malcolm