On 3/19/2015 08:53, Mark Roberts wrote:
Serious question: How did you find out at the PDML?
(Everyone please feel free to pipe up here.)

Piping in seriously...

I sold a 300mm Pentax lens I couldn't handhold anymore back in 1999
to a man named Terry in British Columbia.. we chatted a bit - he
sent me an email that was subject-lined "Published, sort of" and a link
to his frog photo on the PUG.  Don't know what happened to him.. but
when I realized it was an email discussion list I hopped on with a
techy question about shooting with polarized light sources as well
as filter on camera and got answers.

Liked the PUG so submitted a photo of Capitol Reef. Wheatfield was
pug-meister at the time.. (Bill Robb, to you young'uns)

Although there are not a lot of posts compared to a couple of years ago
I do notice that when I post a photo I get a few comments from chums
but the stats on smugmug tell me I have a few hundred "views" over a couple of days. That suggests a lot of lurkers to me.

Made good friends here over the years.

ann
annsan.smugmug.com