On Mar 21, 2015, at 9:36 AM, Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/03/2015 1:59 AM, Malcolm Smith wrote:
>> Following on from the previous thread, what make of camera do you now use,
>> and has it changed over the years?

Brief history:
Early: Kodak Brownie of some sort
Early 1960’s: Kodak 35mm zone focus
1967ish: Nikkormat + 50 & 105.          Constant issue with the metering, sold
it and
1978ish: Olympus OM-1                           I liked the feel, but not the
metering.
                                                                In the same
general time frame I had two Minox 35mm - Great cameras!
1982ish: Pentax ME-Super. My brother told me to do it.
                                {late 80s into the 90s, more 8mm video than
film.}
1992: Inherited my father’s ME and ME Super and several lenses.
1994: Sold most of my father’s gear and my own, bought
         Pz-1P.
1998 2nd Pz-1P                          to use while the first one was off
being repaired. Since then have never had fewer than 2 cameras.
Late 1990s bought 4-5 LX,               sold 3-4 of them, eventually got to the
point where I had one very-late production version.
Late 1990s or early 2000s Pentax 645
2001: 2@MZ-S
Then, as they came available, Optio 330, Optio 550, 2@*istD, K10D, K20D, K-5,
K-5ii, K-3. Then the 645Z. And the WG-3 just for fun.

So, current set is WG-3, K-3, and 645Z. I am still working through how to best
use the two DSLRs, but my interim solution is to use the 645Z a) mostly with
tripod, and b) mostly for wider shots (equivalent to a 35mm full frame range of
35-150mm). The K-3 is for wider (DA-15mm and 21mm lenses) and longer. I have
35mm, 50mm and 100mm macros for the K-3 and 120mm macro for the 645z; I suspect
for macro shooting I’ll mostly be using the 645z + 120mm as primary with K-3 +
100mm as secondary.

I could probably switch if I had to, but the Pentax gear is familiar and
comfortable to use. And I have no complaints.
I do use the WG-3, occasionally use my phone for grab shots, occasionally use
my wife’s Leica D-Lux, occasionally use LiveView on the K-3 and 645Z. So I do
know how to look at an LCD screen. But I think I will stick with DSLRs with
optical viewfinders for as long as they are available.

stan