> The 120K is the big brother of the legendary 105/2.8K. Every bit
> as good, according to those who have owned both.

Well, I owned a "legendary" K 105/2,8 for a short time (having
bought it and then sold it recently).  My number one complaint was
the harsh bokeh.  When I got back my first roll of film that had a
few K 105/2.8 shots on it, I was ~shocked~ to see these:

http://www.cetussoft.com/pentax/k105f28/105brs28.jpg (@f/2.8)

http://www.cetussoft.com/pentax/k105f28/105brs80.jpg (@f/8)

(Caution - Do NOT look at these immediately after eating !!!)

I immediately took a few more shots with the lens, at different
apertures, to obtain some other examples of bokeh.  While other
results were not as bad as those first photos, they weren't very
good, either.  I put a few bokeh (including those first two) on my
web site at:

http://www.cetussoft.com/pentax/k105f28/

Well, I also had to see what other bokeh shots using the K 105/2.8
looked like, so I checked out the Lens Gallery Mirror at:

http://phred.org/pentax/lensgal/k105_28/

There, William has a few photos.  One, of two dogs, emphasizes
bokeh.  While the background dog doesn't look too bad, the
vegetation in the background seems to be a bit harsh, at least for
my tastes.

I also checked out a couple of K 105/2.8 portraits at:

http://www.pentax-fan.jp/photo/lens.asp

I did not care for the bokeh in those very much, either (although,
admittedly, my first photos using the K 105/2.8 are the worst of all
of the photos referenced in this post).

"Legendary" ???

Fred