I think it's some kind of SCAM aimed at ripping off eBay *before* they
rip off prospective buyers.

On 3/24/2015 10:06 PM, Mark C wrote:
For years my standard approach to ebay was to search for "pentax lens"
and sort from highest to lowest price so that the unobtainable stuff
showed up first. I tused to work but for the last several years there
are items that are simply ridiculously overpriced showing up at the top
of the list.

Today priced at  $6,132.75 USD we have a few FA 77 f1.8 limiteds, Sigma
18-250 f3.5-6.3, Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX DG macro and more... It is utterly
absurd and I can't figure out why it would be worth listing such
ridiculous prices - but it has been going on for a long time now.