On 4/7/2015 2:58 PM, Malcolm Smith wrote:
P.J. Alling wrote:

If it supports the SDXC standard, which it does, it should work in the
K-3.  That's an awful lot of memory.  My current stable of cards are
two Class 10 8gb one class 10 16gb and assorted 1, 2 and 4gb class 4
cards "just in case", I don't think I'd need all of them if I shot a
wedding.
I seldom fill one of the 8gb cards let alone the 16 with the K-5II
recording in RAW.  I suppose you might need that much if you were
shooting a lot of movies...

That is one huge memory card.

However, with Nikon's 36 megapixel & Canon's 50 megapixel cameras + whatever
the full frame Pentax DSLR turns out to be, I suppose that's the direction
we are heading in for memory card size. How long before someone offers a 100
megapixel DSLR sensor - 5 years or less?

Malcolm

Phase One already has an 80MP camera; Canon is supposed to have a 75+MP camera in the works. Both of those will probably use the CF version of the card, but I figure the competition won't be that far behind.