Quoting David Mann <dmann...@gmail.com>:

First the vitamin F, the delicious feijoa. People either love or hate this fruit and it's now the time of year when they are everywhere. We have a small tree at the front of our property but it's overshadowed by another tree and never really fruited much. I always thought the lack of light was holding it back, but my wife has been watering it this season and it's fruited quite well.

http://gallery.multi.net.nz/photo/901/#peso

Feijoas will drop off the tree when they reach their optimum ripeness so I've been collecting them from the ground over the past week. I've made two batches of muffins so far and there are more fruit to come. My wife doesn't like feijoas so the muffins I made this morning are destined for the freezer.

While I was out taking that photo I decided to get a quick snap of my ripening jalapeƱos. I wish I had a glasshouse as the plants don't survive the winter. I grow some from seed every year but it takes the plants a while to get going.

http://gallery.multi.net.nz/photo/902/#peso

Never tried feijoas - not readily available here as far as i know - but your Vitamin Js are nice. I have to grow some this year.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters