Quoting frank theriault <knarftheria...@gmail.com>:

Looking through some old pics - this was taken winter before last, one
of the coldest days with a camera I've ever had. The K10D acquitted
itself quite well in -45C wind-chill. You can see the wave spray
freezing in mid-air!

And look at the right of the frame. Mighty Canadian cormorants,
braving this most inhospitable environment!

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.ca/2015/04/crystaline-wave.html

Magnificent birds!

Are you sure those aren't just spots on your sensor?

I'm sure I've never seen anything quite that cold. -45C wind chill!! Why weren't you inside near a fire?

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters