I found that this tutorial is very useful if you want to use soft-proof in LR (or need to figure out some options):
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/develop-module-options.html

And it has a text and a video, but you don't have to watch the video
if you don't want to, - as the video repeats the most essential portion of the written text.

I thought it might be useful to some other PDMLers.
And again, thanks to Paul, whose question pushed me to look into some options of this functionality.

Igor

PS. Unfortunately, soft-proof is not available for the ID plate and watermarks, as those cannot be seen in the "Develop" module, as far as I can find.