Thanks for the answers so far. I am really curious to see how this
works (technically and results-wise). From a marketing standpoint it
sure gets Pentax attention for offering something (on top of an
already acclaimed camera) that Nikon and Canon don't have and can't
replicate since they don't move the sensor.

I'm a bit concerned that it is considered "RAW Development". We know
that it is 4 separate digital exposures, but that doesn't appear to
mean that you have 4 separate RAW exposures. In fact, I'm wondering
what the RAW file looks like. I'm hoping this isn't simply a "high
definition" JPEG that is created. Since the development is "in camera"
I'm also concerned over how long that development takes before you get
control of the camera back again.

A third concern is what shutter speeds it can handle. It would work
very well with the AstroTrack unit built in for Astrophotography, but
only if it works on B (controlled by an external shutter timer) and
I'm wondering if it will. (Though if it doesn't that would be POSSIBLE
to add in a firmware update (menu setting). AstroTrack is already
moving the sensor to compensate for star trails. So it would need to
be set up as more of bracketing situation:
Sensor is tracking stars... electronic shutter opens (say for 60
seconds)... electronic shutter closes... sensor jogs one pixel and
continues tracking... electronic shutter opens (for another 60
seconds) Rinse and Repeat for a total of 4 times.

This "bracketing" technology could also work without AstroTrack turned
on, which is what astrophotographers would need if they had their own
tracking platform or telescope mount with camera attached. In that
case, all they need is 4 consecutive "B" exposures with the pixel
shifting between the 4 exposures. But what the astrophotographer needs
is 4 separate RAW files I fear that this is NOT what pixel-shift means
when used in a "RAW development" sense.

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.