I managed to find the 'buy full version' immediately, just clicked the download
button and saw the link in the lower left of the web page. I couldn't find the
upgrade so after a minute I opened a chat with Adobe support - they told me
about how to edit my purchase order in another minute or two.

For me, buying, downloading, and installing exactly what I wanted was a nearly
perfect, seamless experience, including an interaction with Adobe Customer
Support when I didn't understand something.

I don't know why I have such good experiences where others do not, but I do.
Life is puzzling that way. :-)

Godfrey